Carolina West Chiropractic:
Treating Scoliosis and Addressing the Root Cause
Welcome to Carolina West Chiropractic, a leading center for comprehensive care in treating scoliosis. Our team of experienced chiropractors understands the impact that scoliosis can have on your daily life, and we are dedicated to providing you with personalized treatment options that address the root cause of the condition.
Causes and Impact
Scoliosis is a condition characterized by an abnormal curvature of the spine, resulting in a sideways or rotational curvature. While the exact cause of scoliosis is often unknown, some possible factors contributing to its development include:
- Idiopathic scoliosis: This is the most common form of scoliosis, and its exact cause is unknown. It typically develops during childhood or adolescence and may be influenced by genetic factors.
- Congenital scoliosis: This type of scoliosis is present at birth and is caused by spinal abnormalities that occur during fetal development.
- Neuromuscular scoliosis: Conditions such as cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, or spinal cord tumors can lead to scoliosis due to imbalances in muscle strength or neurological factors.
- 45% of adults with scoliosis report limitations in their ability to perform daily activities.
- 62% of individuals with scoliosis experience limitations in work-related activities.
- 71% of adults with scoliosis report decreased overall satisfaction with their lives.
Chiropractic Care: Addressing the Root Cause
At Carolina West Chiropractic, we specialize in providing comprehensive care for scoliosis, focusing on addressing the root cause of the condition. Chiropractic care offers a non-invasive, holistic approach that aims to restore proper spinal alignment, improve posture, and enhance overall spinal function.
During your initial consultation, our chiropractors will conduct a thorough examination to evaluate the severity and nature of your scoliosis. This evaluation may include a comprehensive medical history review, postural assessment, spinal analysis, and diagnostic imaging if necessary.
Based on this assessment, your chiropractor will develop a personalized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs. Chiropractic treatments for scoliosis may include:
- Spinal adjustments: Gentle adjustments are used to mobilize the spine and help improve spinal alignment, reduce muscle imbalances, and alleviate pain associated with scoliosis.
- Postural exercises: Targeted exercises and stretches can help improve posture, strengthen supporting muscles, and promote spinal stability.
- Spinal traction: Non-invasive spinal traction techniques may be used to gradually elongate the spine and reduce the curvature associated with scoliosis.
- Lifestyle modifications: Your chiropractor may provide guidance on ergonomics, postural corrections, and exercises to be performed at home to complement in-office treatments.
Visit Carolina West Chiropractic for Scoliosis Treatment
Do not let scoliosis hinder your daily activities and well-being. At Carolina West Chiropractic, we are dedicated to providing you with personalized care and effective treatment options. Schedule an appointment today and let us help you navigate your journey toward improved spinal health, enhanced mobility, and a better quality of life.